At Kids International Ltd. (referred to as “our Company”), we handle personal information of our users (referred to as “personal information”) in compliance with the Personal Information Protection Act. This policy outlines how personal information is managed within our service (referred to as “this service”).
1. Personal Information
The term “personal information” as used herein conforms to the definition provided by the Personal Information Protection Act. Collectively, it refers to data that can identify an individual, including, but not limited to, addresses, names, occupations, and telephone numbers.
2. Collection of Personal Information
Our Company may request personal information, such as date of birth, address, telephone number, email address, and bank account details when a user joins the service. Additionally, records of transactions and payment-related information between users and business partners may be shared with our business associates (referred to as “Partners”), including information providers, advertisers, and ad distribution platforms.
3. Purpose of Collecting and Using Personal Information
Our Company collects and uses personal information for the following purposes:
- Providing and maintaining this service
- Responding to user inquiries, including identity verification
- Sending emails with information about new services, updates, campaigns, and other offerings
- Contacting users for essential notifications, such as maintenance and important updates
- Allowing users to access, modify, or delete their registered information and view their usage status
- Billing registered users for usage fees related to paid services
- Questionnaire surveys, advertising distribution, and effectiveness assessments by our Company or third parties
- Analyzing data using the “Google Analytics” service provided by Google, Inc.
- Any other purposes directly related to the aforementioned uses
|Google Inc.||We utilize Google Inc.’s advertising services, including display and keyword advertising, to show relevant ads to individuals who have previously visited our website. This involves using cookies to track visit history on our site.||https://policies.google.com/privacy|
|Google Inc.||To better understand how our services are used and to tailor our offerings to our customers’ interests and needs, we use Google Analytics. This involves using cookies to collect information for analysis.||https://policies.google.com/privacy|
|Rentrax Co., Ltd.||Rentrax Co., Ltd. utilizes cookies to accurately measure the effectiveness of ad clicks and specific actions, as well as for ad distribution and analysis purposes.||https://www.rentracks.co.jp/privacy|
5. Changing the Purpose of Using Personal Information
- We will change the purpose of using the personal information only if it is reasonably related to its original purpose.
- If the purpose of use is altered, we will inform users of this change through notifications or announcements on our website, following the Company’s specified method.
6. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
- Our Company will not share personal information with third parties unless we have obtained prior consent from the user, except in the following cases. However, this exception does not apply to cases permitted by the Personal Information Protection Act or other applicable laws and regulations.
- When it is necessary to protect someone’s life, body, or property, and obtaining the individual’s consent is difficult.
- When it is particularly necessary to improve public health or promote the healthy upbringing of children, and obtaining the individual’s consent is difficult.
- In cases where cooperation with a national agency, local government, or person entrusted by them is required by law, obtaining an individual’s consent may obstruct the execution of these affairs or pose a risk
- When our Company had previously announced or disclosed specific information, we notified the Personal Information Protection Commission as follows:
- The purpose of sharing the data with a third party
- The types of data shared with third parties
- Methods for sharing data with third parties法
- Our commitment to cease sharing personal information with third parties upon an individual’s request
- How individuals can request the cessation of sharing their personal information
- In the following cases, the recipient of the information will not be considered a third party:
- When our Company entrusts all or part of the handling of personal information to achieve the intended purpose of use
- When personal information is shared due to business succession resulting from a merger or other reasons
- In cases where personal information is to be jointly used with a specific entity, provided that a statement to that effect, the types of personal information to be jointly used, scope of joint users, purpose of joint use, and name of the entity responsible for managing the personal information, are communicated in advance to the individual or are easily made available to them
7. Disclosure of Personal Information
- When requested by a person to disclose personal information, we will ensure that the disclosure is completed without delay. However, if the disclosure falls under any of the following areas, we may not disclose all or part of the information, and if we decide not to disclose it, we will notify you to that effect without delay.
- There is a risk of harming the life, body, property, or other rights and interests of a person or third party
- There is a risk of significant hindrance to the proper implementation of our business
- In cases where there is a violation of other laws and regulations
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, as a general rule, information other than personal information, such as historical and characteristic information, will not be disclosed.
8. Correction and Deletion of Personal Information
- If a user believes that their personal information held by the Company is incorrect, they may request the Company to correct, add, or delete the personal information (referred to as “correction, etc.”) in accordance with the procedures established by the Company
- Upon receiving a request for correction from a user as described in the preceding paragraph, and upon determining that it is necessary to respond to the request, the Company will promptly make the necessary corrections to the personal information
- If the Company carries out any corrections as per the provisions of the preceding paragraph or decides not to make any corrections, it will promptly notify the user of its decision
9. Suspension of the Use of Personal Information
- Our Company may suspend or cease the use of personal information (referred to as “suspension of use, etc.”) and will promptly conduct the necessary investigation
- Based on the results of the investigation mentioned in the preceding paragraph, if we determine that it is necessary to respond to the request, we will suspend the use of the personal information without delay
- In cases where the Company suspends use in accordance with the provisions of the preceding paragraph or decides not to suspend use, the Company will promptly notify the user of its decision
- Despite the provisions of the preceding two paragraphs, if suspending use entails significant costs or is otherwise difficult, alternative measures necessary to protect the rights and interests of the users will be taken whenever possible
- The contents of this policy may be changed without prior notice to users, except where laws or other matters are otherwise specified
11. Safety Management Measures for Retained Personal Data
To prevent leakage, loss, falsification, and other unauthorized handling of personal information, we will appropriately implement and manage the necessary measures. Please contact us for details on the safety management measures employed by our Company (see “12. Contact Information”).
12. Contact Information
For inquiries regarding this policy, please contact us:
Address: 〒141-0031 Forecast Gotanda West 4F 8-9-5 Nishigotanda, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo, Japan
CEO: Yuko Murakami